Search This Blog

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Almost two months

I'm almost two months along and it is kind of nice. The best part of being pregnant is it put an end to all my anxiety about getting pregnant or not. It's all decided now and it's easy to just relax and enjoy who I am and my family and the idea of being a mom soon. I still have not really had any morning sickness. I've felt yucky a few times but was never so bad I was going to puke or so bad I was not going to eat!
Sex is a lot better. Before it was always worrying about what could happen and now that it happened it's really easy to just enjoy being with Steve. I noticed he is a lot more relaxed about being with me now and Christie says she had the same experience with him. Once he got her pregnant he was pretty comfortable with the idea that she was serious about staying with the family and I guess the same goes for me too.

One of my friends online is getting involved with a poly family but not in my church. They are more like their own thing. It makes me happy that she's found a great family because she is a great person and the only thing I am sad about is it would have been noce to have her be a 4th in our family. Back when she was open to that idea Shari was dead set that 3 was enough and then Macy came along and now Shari is considering letting Macy join us sometime. Macy says God's timing is up to God and not to us so don't worry about the 'what if' things because we don't control them. If I had my way Steve would probably have to marry all my friends! I guess I just love having a lot of people around anymore.

School is going really good. On Friday I had my exams and got A's on both of them and it was not easy. I have to study a lot and I've been cooking a lot more at home because one of my classes was on preparing meats and I had to do an original recipe. I did pork loin cutlets stuffed with blue cheese and then baked with lingonberry sauce on them to help keep them moist. They came out really great and got me my A.

Christie and Steve are trying for another baby and she is pretty happy most days. It's so funny you can tell when a woman has had a great sex night once you know what you are looking for. One of the girls in my class came in all smiley one day and I asked her if she was happy from sex and she was blown away that I could tell. I'm also seeing other pregnant women because it seems we all do a lot of the same things like always holding our tummy. It's weird you just can't stop thinking about the baby and you always want to hold yourself there.

One thing that came up is my blog is being mentioned by people who are following the FLDS trial and it is been mentioned a few times. I don't get why these people are so interested in what someone else is doing with their life? Why is it so important to them that poly people be put in jail? How are we a threat to them I wonder?

The elections this week were sort of funny to me. Before the election the reporters were saying how this was so important because it would say what people thought of Obama and then after the election the same reporters were saying it didn't really matter. I am thinking that those elections will mean the end of Obama's health care plan and that he won't talk about gays in the military anymore.

I am wondering if the country saying no to these things will mean that people will get more serious about going after poly people? I don't know but it does worry me a little.

Time for me to go check my email.

Cuddled up by a fire with someone you love.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you updated! I love reading your blog.
    I have a question I swear I'm not being snarky. But you mentioned before that you have sex only to make a baby( thats why you guys don't have oral sex), so why are you still having sex now that you are pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amina, I guess I should say we only have sex the normal way is all. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan, the interest in the Raymond Jessop trial was because he "married" a 16 year old girl, got her pregnant, and when she had been in "strong labor" for three days went along with not taking her to the hospital because he could get into trouble for her pregnancy. It's everyone's business when young teens are groomed to be married off without a chance to mature enough to know whether or not they wish to consent. Polygynous societies tend to turn to young brides. (By young, I mean under the age of 18.) What you describe is nothing like what the FLDS have been doing -- but what they've been doing is abusive and criminal.

    ReplyDelete