Yay! I got to go home early today and when I got here I was all alone. It's nice to have some quiet time. The teacher for the afternoon had to leave for a doctor appointment so we had the choice to go home or sit in with another class and I went home. There is some reading for me to do later and I will do it. Right now it is nice to sit in the kitchen and have my lunch and have the windows open and just hear the quiet. It was supposed to be around 102 today and right now it is just in the 70's and it is a little cloudy. I might try to do the raisin pudding and brandied lemon sauce and call it studying!
One of the guys at my school is being a pest with trying to get me to go out with him. I told him that I was married and he doesn't seem to care. One of my email friends told me restaurant people can be a little slutty and I guess with some of them that is true. It is helping me get over the idea of working in a restaurant when I graduate. I am thinking I might do catering because that is something I can do from home and it is not a full time job. You just work when there is work to do and the rest of the time I can be with my family.
The morning teacher was asking us about supporting President Obama and his health care thing and he was not so happy when I told him I think people need to take responsibility for themselves instead of asking the government and everyone else to do this for them. I didn't have health care until I came here so I know what it is like and the reason my parents didn't have health care is because my father wanted his drugs more than anything else and then my mom would not spend the money. Who's fault was that? Yeah it sucked to be me but then would it be right for me to say to everyone else to pay for my health care because my parents wanted drugs and a new car more than they cared about something really important? I know I am lucky now to be where I am but Steve and Christie are not lucky because they work really hard to make sure the family has everything we need and it would not be fair for the government to take away what we have just because someone else isn't doing what it takes to have those things too. Pastor Jeff talks about how envy is a sin and this subject really makes the point why it is bad. You hear people slamming on people who they call rich as if they got that way by magic or by winning a lottery. You have to wonder if it would make them feel better if everyone was poor and no one was rich?
Sort of like how some people post on the comments here upset that I am happy. Would it make them feel better if I was not happy? If I was miserable again would that do anything to make their life better? So who cares if someone else is rich because them being rich doesn't make you poor. You make you poor. My father could have had a good job and we could have been a lot happier but he loves drugs more than anyone else so he made us poor and my mom went along with a lot of it.
The teacher did not make me so happy asking the question because I am going to school to learn how to cook and I am not going there to talk about politics. That was something I really hated in high school was all the teachers pushing their politics all the time. I guess I needed to get this out because I felt a little cheated having to have someone tell me about President Obama when I was up late to study something that was supposed to be why I was in class this morning.
Politics is something I never cared for all that much. Arguing about stuff is not my idea of a good time but some people really enjoy it and I guess that is fine for them. I've had enough fighting in life people telling me what to do and having someone try to make me say what they want in class really pissed me off. Like I am supposed to repeat what they want just to make them happy?
An email friend sent me 37 questions that she sent to a lot of people and I like questions so here they are:
1. Do you like Blue cheese dressing? Yes.
2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes? No. I never smoked anything.
3. Do you own a gun? No.
4. What flavor Kool Aid was your favorite? I never tried Kool Aid.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Only the OB-GYN.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? With chili and cheese! Yummy!
7. Favorite Christmas movie? Home Alone.
8 What do you prefer to drink in the morning? I'm starting to like coffee.
9. Can you do push ups? Yes. I can do about thirty before I get tired.
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding ring.
11. Do you have A.D.D.? No.
13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? No.
14. Middle name? C is my middle name for real. My mom put it on my birth certificate and it was supposed to be Catherine but all it says is C so legally my middle name is just C. I just say it is whatever I want it to be.
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment. I wish Steve were home. I should do some chores. It will be nice to go swimming later.
16. Name 2 or 3 drinks you regularly drink? Water, milk, coffee.
17. Current worry? I want to be pregnant soon so I won't be pregnant next summer.
18. Current hate right now? People who want me to be anything but who I am.
19. Favorite place to be: That's private! (-:
20. How did you bring in the New Year? I got drunk on tequila shooters with Carmen at her house.
21. Name three people who will complete this: Carmen, Marcus, Macy.
22. Do you own slippers? Yes.
24. What color shirt are you wearing? White tee shirt.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? YES!!
26. Can you whistle? No, I never really tried.
27 Where are you now? At the kitchen table writing on my computer.
28. Would you be a pirate? I could never steal from anyone so no.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Baby got back...really! That song is so funny!
30. Favorite girls name? Laurie
31. Favorite boy's name? David
32. What is in your pocket right now? Nothing.
33. Last thing that made you laugh? Seeing one of my chickens running!
35. Worst injury you've ever had? Got hit in the hand with a hoe when I was little.
36. Do you love where you live? Totally!
37. How many TVs do you have in your house? One, in the living room.
Bordelaise sauce over beef Wellington.