Search This Blog

Friday, April 3, 2009

The First Post of April

It was busy again here and I will get to that in a bit but first there was a question and I sort of committed myself to doing questions first.

How will all the wives work out their sleeping schedule with Steve once you get into a normal routine?

Shari, Christie, and me sat down and talked and we agreed that we would each have two nights per week with Steve with Friday night being his choice. And when someone is on her period she will give up that time to the other two just to be fair.

Will you have a regular rotation schedule set in stone or will you have a flexible one that allows for fertility cycles?

We did the schedule just to help up plan who will be where but we already are very flexible about it. Christie had her first time with Steve after that baby on Wednesday night and she had Thursday and then Steve will probably have me or Shari with him tonight.

Okay, the week was really busy! Because there isn't enough water for the pasture we had to sell off a lot of the cattle and that meant riding out and getting them in to be picked up and that messed up a lot of the routine at home. Because Steve works that meant I went out with Shari and Stevie and Lauren and Christie stayed home with Hannah, Eric, and Emmy. We brought in the grazers from the ranch land and got them into the pens on Monday and Tuesday and then they were loaded up on Wednesday. After that it was just crazy catching up on chores and all. It is all mostly caught up now except the ironing and I will do that tomorrow.

It has been windy here the last few days and we have some old trees that came down and Steve says he will get to them tomorrow and I am going to go help because he will be blowing up the stumps and he says that can be a lot of fun to do.

In a few weeks we will be starting an addition to the house to add four more bedrooms and a new playroom for the kids. Steve and Christie did most of the talking and planning on this and all I did was just say I want a patio for my new room and they were like "Okay" and said it will be done. Some of the rooms we use for bedrooms right now were not bedrooms when the house was built but were supposed to be a library and upstairs living room and they have no closets so the plan is to stop using them as bedrooms when the addition is done sometime in May or June.

"Katy" had a comment (Katy is a guy, I think?):

I think Stevie should get married, especially if her guy can provide. Maybe not everyone is ready to marry young, but some are. We would have married before my wife was 18 if her parents would have allowed it. It caused a lot of hard feelings that took years to overcome. I'm not saying we should let teens do whatever they want, but if the situation looks good, it won't do any good to force something else. Personally, I would be very excited that one of my daughters wanted to marry a decent guy instead of college or experiencing the world. There isn't much out there that is worth experiencing.


And then CM said:



I totally understand where Christie is coming from about Stevie. I got married at the age of 16 (hub was 18) and am still married to the same wonderful man over 30 years later. It was exciting at first as we were very much in love, but later, when I had a house full of kids and my siblings were single in college, I went through a period of extreme regret about all the things I missed out on - college, dating, traveling, etc. Once you make a decision to get married and have kids as a teen you can never go back and make up that time. I love my husband and my children but I wish I had experienced more of life as a single adult before marriage. It's an important growing stage that helps define you and your values. I had to grow up very quickly and figure out who I was at the same time dealing with a husband and small children. I have always felt my children would have had a better mother if I had really grown up first before having them. However, no-one could convince me to wait when I was 16. Hind sight is 20/20!



I had a lot of time with Stevie this week and we talked a lot about this. I'm not a lot older than her so we talked a lot about me being married early and if I would have done this at 16 like she wants to and I guess I would have. I understand what Christie means about seeing the world but the world sucks. I hated high school and was so happy when it was over! I heard about home school kids not getting socialized but never got it since home school gets don't get bullied and they don't get exposed to hookup sex, drugs, violence, and all the bad things that go on in school. I want to travel but I just don't see why I would have to be a carreer woman instead of a wife and mom. Stevie says she would go to college if they had a degree for being a great mom and wife but they don't so she doesn't want to go to college and she says she never wants to work outside the home after all the things Christie and Shari have talked about with bad bosses and nasty people you have to work with.

I am starting to think that being in the world is like eating Eve's apple because you give up paradise so you can be in the world and then you work all your life trying to get back what you had in the first place! I made it official and told Stevie that if she wants to get married this year after her birthday then I am okay with it because I am doing what she wants to do. I have never been happier and her boyfriend seems so nice. I think they will be a very nice couple and Stevie will be very happy.

Once you make a decision to get married and have kids as a teen you can never go back and make up that time.

I thought about that comment a lot and when I got married to Steve it was on my mind a lot and it still is. It was all a really big decision and I guess there were a lot of things I didn't think of. Christie said that once she was pregnant she really felt like part of the family because once she was pregnant then Steve and Shari relaxed a little around her knowing she would stay. Right now I'm at that place Christie talked about and had my period and if I left right now I could just go back to my old life and walk away from here. But once I am pregnant then things will be all different and the baby and Steve and this family will be part of my life for the rest of my life. In some way it will be a relief to be pregnant because then it will all be decided and done and I won't have to worry about choices.

It isn't like I have doubts or regrets but more like my what ifs will change when I get pregnant. Like right now I can say what if I want to go to Las Vegas and be a stripper. It's not like I would but I could. Does that make sense? Right now I am committed to being a wife and then once I'm pregnant I will be committed to being a mom and that isn't just to one baby but to two or three or four maybe. Christie being back with Steve this week means she is okay having a third baby and she has just been in the family for two years and five months. It makes me think that by the time I am 22 I could have three children! Steve even said I might have as many as seven or eight if I wanted to. Wow.

It is REALLY windy right now! The house just shook with a big wind! O-:

It is pizza tonight so I don't have to make dinner but I am going to go do some emails and then read on some other blogs. I will try to write again soon.

4 comments:

  1. "I am starting to think that being in the world is like eating Eve's apple because you give up paradise so you can be in the world and then you work all your life trying to get back what you had in the first place!"

    very wise words megan.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,
    As I followed you to this relationship I had my doughts about whether you were getting into something over your head. But as I continue to follow I have realized you were looking for something that I looked for at your age and I found it in my marriage. I think you have also. That is a loving family and a true family atmosphere where everyone loves and cherishes one another. That doesn't mean there isn't disagreements but they are resolved with love. I will continue to monitor your progress with prayers for you.
    God be with you
    cmpdom67

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would very much like to know about your birth-family. That would show us a picture larger regarding your choice to enter this kind of family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand what Christie means about seeing the world but the world sucks. I hated high school and was so happy when it was over! I heard about home school kids not getting socialized but never got it since home school gets don't get bullied and they don't get exposed to hookup sex, drugs, violence, and all the bad things that go on in school.

    Your personal experience with high school seems to have been about as abysmal as my own, but I personally was just not very well adjusted. Other people have a much better time and it's a bit cruel to discourage young adults from actually going out there and experiencing ways of life different from what they're used to.

    That's what brought you to this family in the first place; look at all the concessions you made for the privilege of being there-- would you have given up "normal" clothing and lack of responsibilities if you hadn't had the experience to know that the world is a hostile place?

    I want to travel but I just don't see why I would have to be a carreer woman instead of a wife and mom.

    If you are serious about the travelling thing, it's probably best you get that bug out of your system before you become a parent.

    Speaking of which, do you all not take vacations-- either individually or as a group?

    ReplyDelete