Search This Blog

Sunday, July 12, 2009

It has a name!

All my life I have had this problem where sometimes I have thoughts that I can't put words to. It has been a serious problem sometimes because I will say or write something that is close to what I am thinking but it is not what I am thinking and then people react to that as if that was what I meant. It makes things really complicated especially when the words I need are for something simple.
Macy was over with her family today and told me this is called 'aphasia' and after reading about it I think so too. I'm not the worst case of this ever but it is still there. There is really nothing for me to do about it but just keep on doing what I do.
But it is nice to know it is for real and not just me.

My other news is I thought I might have been pregnant because of being sick at certain times and Friday I did an EPT and it came up negative so Shari said it was time to see the doctor. The doctor thinks I might have had Swine flu! I'm feeling a lot better now so it just felt like a regular flu to me and we will find out on Monday if it was really Swine flu. For now I am staying away from the babies and Christie and I hate to say this but it has been really nice to get some serious sleep at night.

2 comments:

  1. All my life I have had this problem where sometimes I have thoughts that I can't put words to. It has been a serious problem sometimes because I will say or write something that is close to what I am thinking but it is not what I am thinking and then people react to that as if that was what I meant. It makes things really complicated especially when the words I need are for something simple.

    I get that sometimes too. Sometimes when writing a comment or something I'll spend an hour and a half to two hours writing and re-writing it until it conveys exactly what I wanted to say. Like you I dread those times where people misinterpret something I say, but clearly 2 hours is a lot of time to spend on something that should only take a minute or two.

    I've taken up fiction writing as a hobby and I'm finding that the more I write, the less I'm finding myself struggling to explain my thoughts. I think the reason for this is because I'm forced to put myself in the minds of different people and think from their perspective; being able to create and explain thoughts for them makes it easier for me to do the same on my own behalf.

    This comment took me 5 minutes and I only revised it once :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,
    I have often thought the same as Johnny has just said, as I read your blog. You write well. I suggest trying your hand at fiction, or other written formats.

    ReplyDelete